1. You are driving on a straight, level highway at 50 mph. There are no vehicles in front of you. Suddenly a tire blew out on your vehicle. What should you do first?
Stay off the brake until the vehicle has slowed down.
2. You are driving a new truck with a manual transmission. What gear will you probably have to use to take a long, steep downhill grade?
A lower gear than you would use to climb the hill.
3. You are checking your wheels and rims for a pre-trip inspection. Which of these statements is true?
Rust around wheel nuts may mean that they are loose.
4. You are checking your tires for a pre-trip inspection. Which of these statements is true?
Tires of mismatched sizes should not be used together in the same vehicle.
5. If a straight vehicle (not trailer or articulation) goes into front-wheel skid, it will:
Go straight ahead even if the steering wheel is turned.