1. The application pressure gauge shows how much air you:
Are applying to the brake
2. The spring brakes used on the chambers in a straight truck will bring you to a stop when air pressure drops below ___ psi.
3. Some air brake systems have an alcohol evaporator. What may happen if you don’t keep the proper level of an alcohol?
Ice may form in the air storage tank and cause a brake failure.
4. Your truck or bus has a dual air brake system. If a low air pressure warning comes on for only one system, what should you do?
Bring your vehicle to a complete stop right away and safely park. Continue only after the system is fixed.
5. Why drain water from compressed air tanks?
Water can freeze in cold weather and cause brake failure